Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Postcards


 I'm often quite of enamored with the "old way" of doing things.  Usually this results in oily hands or an unmistakable smell of gasoline lingering about my person.  It also unfailingly leads me to learn things and have some small sense of personal satisfaction in what I've set out to do.  This project was no different (other than I didn't wind up smelling like gas) and is a result of my backwards way of thinking . That and of not getting anything in the mail but bills. 












 I remember the few postcards I got as a kid, how exciting it was to have mail from someone that just wanted to say hi.  So I made some cards from photos I have taken.  Sure I could just send a text or an email to a friend to say howdy but this makes it more fun.  I'm sure all of us get too much mail that's bills and not enough that's personal.












I just printed on cheap-o copy paper bonded the images to a heavier card stock and made a blender pen transfer sheet for my post card back that I whipped out in illustrator.  There you have it (quasi) instant post cards.  If you didn't get one of these and I know you email me your address.  If I don't know you and you want one email me your address and maybe I'll make up something fun and send you one...

1 comment:

  1. send me one

    4985 Copper Creek Dr
    Pleasant Hill, IA 50327

    ReplyDelete